* * * * * * OUR CURRENT WAIT LIST NUMBER IS 28 for Girl* * * * * *11 for One girl. One boy. Siblings* * * * * *

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Adoption Baby Shower

I thought today was an appropriate day to post some photos of the adoption shower, 
myself and a few friends threw a few weeks ago for a dear friend adopting from Thailand. 
They arrived in Thailand at the end of last week,
they took custody of their son yesterday, 
and TODAY are going to court to make it official!


The theme for the shower was {Vintage Travel}
I used a tons of Globes and Maps.
Suite Cases and Trunks.
Not all of my pictures turned out so I've posted the best of what I have.
{side note} I really need to get a "good" camera. Any suggestions!?

We held the shower at the coolest coffee shop in Salem the Ike Box.
If you are a local to me, I highly recommend them for your next event.
The ballroom is beautiful!


My color inspiration came from the globes.
So I used teal, yellow, grey and tan.
They are such peaceful and calming colors, don't you think!


I managed to find a half a dozen Thailand luggage tags/sticker images on Google.
While this may not seem impressive,
unless you are searching for luggage tags for places like Italy and France,
it's pretty slim pick-ins.


It's hard to read, but I've got the Bible open to:

 "Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father
 means caring for orphans and widows in their distress 
and refusing to let the world corrupt you." James 1:27 NLT

One of my favorite verses and one close to this adoption mamma's heart!


Sweet little "A" I can't believe he will be home on American soil in one week!
We have prayed for this child for so long.
The adoption journey is coming to an end BUT it's really just the beginning,
how lucky he is to be joining his amazing family!
Once an orphan.
Now a son and a brother!


Each of the tables had facts about Thailand.
And we provided each of the guests with a little sheet with information
 on how to best support the family when they return home.


Here we are:
Me (left) The Momma herself (middle) Our friend K (right)


It's been a blessing to be on this journey with her!
I'm so happy her son is finally in their arms... FOREVER!

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Amy, the shower was over the top beautiful in appearance and especially in spirit. What an overwhelming gesture of love and support for Jen, Trent and family. Thank you from Grandma JoJo Bunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was a honor to do it for her! I am blessed to have her as my friend!

      Delete
  2. Love it! Everything is so beautiful! Pinning it for future reference. :)
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was SUCH a fun theme! I have a true obsession with maps and globes! Little pieces of my heart are scattered all over this big world of ours! By the way, I totally saw it on Pinterest (made my day!) Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. I wasn't able to click on this link when I saw from Thailand that you had posted it. I got tears again just thinking about it and how special it was! I totally agree with my mom--it was so gorgeous, but it was the spirit, the thought, the love and how personalized and unique it was that made it so amazing. These turned out better than some of my pics, so I'm totally going to steal them! Love you so much, friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm planning a shower for my daughter-in-law and son who are adopting from South Korea! I just love your table with the initial, picture and heart map. Would you please tell me what is printed above the word Thailand in the frame?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was the "Helpful Hints" card just the three things? My husband and I are adopting, domestic infant. This is such a great idea and nicely worded to pass along to family and friends. I'd love the whole thing if there is more.

    ReplyDelete